Sunday, October 18, 2015

App Smashing

This week, I experimented with App Smashing.  App Smashing is the process of taking multiple apps and using them together to create a final project.


I used several apps to create this project.  First, I located pictures previously uploaded to my Facebook account and then saved them to my camera roll.  Next, those pictures on my camera roll were used to create picture collages in PicCollage.  After saving the collages to my camera roll, I was ready to use Tellagmi to share my story.  I created an avatar and recorded the audio of my story.  Using the collages made earlier in PicCollage, I inserted the collages as my background in Tellagmi.  Once I recorded the audio with my avatar and background, I saved the video clip to my camera roll.  The next step was to piece the seven video clips together.  For this task, I imported all the video clips into iMovie.  I arranged the clips in the correct order and trimmed some of the clips to the desired length.  After completing that step, I then saved the finished iMovie to my camera roll.  The final step in this app smashing project, was to upload it to YouTube.    

This was a fun learning process for me.  I can't wait to have my junior high technology classes experiment with app smashing in the future.

If you are App Smashing in your classroom, what are you doing?  What are your favorite apps or combination of apps to use?

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your app smash. You really got to see some neat things in Alaska. I think I will have to add that to my bucket list, even if it isn't tropical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your pictures! I also enjoyed your explanation of the overall process. I hope to use some of these apps with my kids in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, I liked the way that you used Tellagami and still keep a genuine sense that we were hearing from a real person. From what I've seen in some other videos, the voice becomes flat and monotone, something that students would immediately check out of. You ability to keep a sense of enthusiasm, in my opinion, would help to hold student interest. I've played around with Tellagami a bit myself for this project, and my biggest frustrations are the limitations of the free version(aesthetically, recording limitation of 30 seconds). I know if I assigned this for my students, they would be frustrated that their avatars were so limited.

    ReplyDelete